Who wouldn’t want a clean refrigerator? After all, it’s where we keep our food and drinks. However, if your refrigerator is packed full of stuff, cleaning it can be a chore.
You could clean the refrigerator in sections a day at a time, but why drag out this unappealing task? Try this method and you can clean that fridge in less than 30 minutes. As a bonus, use this time to also discard outdated food items.
Here’s your motivation to move quickly and get the job done. Take everything out of your refrigerator and place it on the counter. Unless you are ready to use it, refrigerated food should stay at a temperature of 40 degrees or lower. You don’t want food to go bad, so you will need to get the food and drinks back in the refrigerator as quickly as possible; And, remember, the fridge will also be warming up while you are cleaning it. Your goal is to empty your fridge; clean it out; put the food items back in and close the door as quickly as possible.
- Make sure in advance that you have enough empty counter space so you can keep all the food items together.
- Empty your shelves and drawers of food and drinks
- Remove all shelves and drawers
- Spray the inside of the fridge with a solution of vinegar and water, concentrating on soiled areas and let it soak in.
- Wash your shelves and drawers with warm soapy water. Set them aside to dry.
- Head back to your refrigerator and wipe everything down with a clean cloth – repeating the vinegar/water spray if necessary.
- Dry shelves and drawers
- Before you return your food and beverages to the fridge, check the expiration date.
- Toss out foods that have past their expiration date. Only put the good stuff back in.
- Close the fridge door.
“Ta-da” your refrigerator is clean and your food is all good.